Sunday, January 2, 2005

Happy Together

I have to admit, I was fucked up yesterday. I really wasn't in the mood to celebrate the festivities. The whole time I was in my relatives' house, one will find me sleeping or lounging in a spot I've chosen. And yeah, I did bond with my teen cousin by joining him in playing Red Alert.



Gosh, nakakaadik pala! Buti na lang at di ako bumili ng pirated version nun.



So anyway, I spent the afternoon watching a movie with my bud. Since he was somehow upset I suggested that we watched a comedy - Happy Together. I have to admit, idol ko si Kris... but I'm not impressed with the movie. Who would be? I think the story was shallow, the actors... well, boring especially the Starstruck kids and it should have been a multi-generational story but have you noticed that the scene hasn't change? Besides, the indirect product plugging has become irritating.



If it worked in Feng Shui and Crying Ladies, well this time it sucked big time. Down with Purefoods and Smart, their advertisements shifted the viewer's focus from the story.



---



On the other hand, phanks and I had a great time. Pansin ko lang, laki ata ng pinayat niya. People who saw I might have thought that I bought a kid brother along and besides, he's still coughing. Ilang weeks na rin yung ubo niyang yun eh. I've decided to buy him some medicines. Tsk. tsk. mahirap na.



---



Lately, I've been contemplating. What if I asked mom to let phanks live in our place. I'm sure, if I emphasized the financial and security gains we would get from him, she would agree with me.



Sayang naman, instead of him looking for an expensive room-for-rent here in Manila, I could share my room with him. Mawawalan lang ako ng privacy, but hey, he could shoulder some of our expenses. Besides, I'll be very happy to have another guy in the house. Hirap kasi ng nag-iisa lang eh. Hindi naman siya mahirap pakisamahan - except sobrang libog lang. hehehe.



Anyway, one reason why I'd like him to be with me is that I've seen how he sleeps soundly when he's here. He complains that they are overcrowded in their studio type apartment, and aside from that, he curses his brother for always going home drunk - and barfing.



One time, he slept for 12 hours straight and when he woke up, I saw a smile in his face. And then there's this time when he hugged me so tightly the whole night as if I was one of his pillows.



---



Now that I dwell so much on uncertainties. One thing that would finally drive that security wedge between me and my fears is for my loved ones to be here, closest to me. I know, phanks would post very very serious complications if ever he agrees to live with me, yet I'd be willing to take some risks. We had a dry-run before and it did worked well. I wish someday, when we manage to survive all obstacles this relationship would bring us. If we stood our ground for several years more - and break the record for the longest relationship, a PLU has ever known, then at that time, I'll be ready. Forget growing old alone and forgotten



We will live together as couples building a family and break the stigma that destroyed so many before us.



[unedited]

No comments: