Sorry for not updating my blog these past few days. I attended a seminar in PADPAO at Camp Crame to get a certificate that is one of the requirements for the renewal of our security agency's license to operate. I had to wake up at around 7 am and sleep at around 2 am the following day. You can imagine how exhausted I am when I arrive home.
Anyway, the seminar was perhaps God's answer to my perpetual complain about taking huge responsibilities at a young age. At the seminar, I met this guy who was just about to graduate in college when his mother died of cancer last year. At the age of 21, he was forced to take over their family's security business without anyone assisting him. So far, their company is doing well. And he seems enjoying his youth despite the pressures surrounding him.
I also met two guys, both 27 and 28 who are already bosses in their own security business. Together, we formed a group so that those old people would realize that we have our own voice in that seminar. It worked well. In fact, never been I've been this close to anyone in those kind of activities.
---
Two nights ago, I responded to a distress message from one of my former classmates.
She was also a businesswoman at the age of 23. Her job was to manage their family business. However, she ran away that night after having a major fight with her parents. She said that all the time, she exerted her effort to find new clients for their publishing business, while her parents do nothing to assist her. What made matters worse was that she was often criticized and never complemented for her work.
She said, that since it was a family business, she was not paid her salary. My friend makes both ends meet by looking for sidelines outside their business.
---
I've realized, after she confided her problems with me, that I just came from that situation before. My blog had been witness as to how I waged my anger and rebellion towards my father when we were still in one company. Being a promoter of independence and all, I told her that she should aim to be free. Tutal, she is one of the most effective and efficient persons I know. I believe that she could make things work on her own.
---
That night, I also told her about my preference.
Together with our former and well respected society president, I told them that no matter how I wanted to make amends with my ex-gf, I couldn't. I told them that I'm already committed, and the person I am in a relationship is with a guy.
Of course, they were shocked...
But, the reason why I told them about my preference is that my friend is a lesbian. In fact, I even accompanied her girlfriend going home since we left our ex-president's unit at 2 am. Besides, I know that I'm already ready to accept who I am, and what I have become.
Just don't put me in company of straight men, and I'll know where I take my stand.
---
Saying goodbye to my newfound friends in the seminar was more difficult that what I had anticipated.
The bond we made was so deep that the thought of these things will soon come to pass makes me awfully sad.
And besides, I've never been this close to straight guys after I embraced my new preference. Although mingling with them left me confused and distorted, at least the feeling of being "straight" was somehow exhilarating.
Perhaps, in another entry, I'll tell more about the guy's I've met in the seminar and how our closeness sent some confusing signals on how they try to strike up a conversation. Wala lang, I found out that it's hard when you're at the other side of the spectrum, try to read someone who doesn't belong to the spectrum at all.
The Techno Revolution, Unnoticed
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment